Due to overwhelming demand, we have added an additional (5) Greenwich Stars Basketball teams for the Spring season!
Try Out for the 2018 Greenwich Stars Spring AAU Basketball Teams
Spring AAU is for Boys and Girls Ages 7-16 (2-3 teams per age). Play is March 26 – June 10. Players welcome from all towns.
No Pre-Registration is necessary. Please arrive 15 minutes early to register. Tryouts will be held at: Carmel Academy, 270 Lake Avenue, Greenwich, CT.
BOYS AGES 9- 13: SUNDAY JANUARY 21: 4:45PM – 6PM
BOYS AGES 14/15/16: SATURDAY, JANUARY 20: 6:15PM – 7:30PM
GIRLS AGES 13/14/15: SUNDAY, JANUARY 28: 9AM – 10:15AM
The Greenwich Stars are Zero Gravity National Champions and 6-Time National Finalists. The Greenwich Stars Spring Teams are winners of 47 Major Spring Tournaments.
There is nothing like Spring Basketball with the Greenwich Stars. It’s for players who really love the game and want to try to qualify for the prestigious Zero Gravity National Championships in Boston (we are National Champions). We’ll have 18 teams in the Spring. No organization does it better in the Spring than the Greenwich Stars who always qualify many teams each year for the Nationals. In addition, the Greenwich Stars play in the incredible “Spooky Nook” tournament in the world’s largest indoor sports facility.
- Play: March 26 – June 10.
- Professional Coaches: No Parent Coaches. No Politics.
- Practices: Two practices a week (practices are one hour). Held at: Carmel Academy, 270 Lake Avenue, Greenwich, CT
- Tournaments: Each team plays 5 regular season tournaments on 5 different weekends. Each tournament has games on Saturdays and Sundays. Your child will play tournament games on 1/2 the weekends in the Spring, giving your busy child a lot of flexibility and “open time” for other activities in the Spring. You play a minimum of 3 guaranteed tournament games per tournament weekend.
- Location of the Tournaments (Games): Most Spring tournament games are local – held in or near Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT.
- The National Championships in Boston: If your child’s team qualifies, they will play in a 6th tournament – The prestigious 2018 Zero Gravity National Championships in Boston. The Nationals are the biggest and most important tournament of them all. The Nationals are held at the end of the season and before school is over in June. Each year, the Greenwich Stars have the largest amount of teams that qualify for the Nationals. The Greenwich Stars have their own host hotel in Boston (where the players and families stay). It’s an annual weekend of basketball and celebratory activities, ceremonies and more that your family will never ever forget.